kimmysphere

Oh holy crapola!! My social life as we know it will be non-existent for the next week! Reasoning behind this exclamations?! I’ve just started watching a Korean Drama series called Boys before Flowers. And let me tell you, 3 episodes into it and dammit its GGGGOOOODDDD!! There is a total of 25 episodes, each are an hour long, which equates to 25 hours of viewing pleasure. The series was one of the most watched drama in South Korea for 2009. I should have started watching it next week when Nan goes away to Dubai/Bahrain for 2 whole weeks, that would have kept me entertained until his return. But no, I had to start watching it last night, and by next week I probably would have finished the series.

I began watching the series last night at around 12am. I only wanted to watch the first episode, just to wet my appetite and get a feel for the plot. 3 hours later I went to bed, knowing full well that I was going to struggle to get up for work but yet I didn’t care. Is the series corny; does it have cringe-worthy scenes; is it clichéd; is the acting terrible; LOL yes to all the above! But guess what, amidst all the bad, I still thoroughly enjoy watching it. There is something about sweet innocent first love that really captivates me. The series is full of sweetness and puff It also doesn’t hurt to have gorgeous looking Asian boys on screen, talk about constant eye candy! Yumo!! (ok ok they look better in the series than they look in that poster!

I tend to avoid watching these Asian dramas as I have a propensity to get overly engross by it and neglect everything else (namely not paying enough attention to Nan!). But once I’m hooked into a series, say farewell to those few weeks as it goes by in a speedy blur.
Irrefutably, some (most) aspects of my life will be put on the back burner until I finish this series…
7 Responses
  1. Scrappy Girl Says:

    I wonder if it is based on the Boys Over Flowers Manga? I am doing Project 365 on my Scrappy Girl's Daily Life blog too. So fun!


  2. kimmysphere Says:

    Hi Scrappy Girl,
    You're absolutely right, this Korean series was from the Jap Manga. Have you seen the series or read the Manga? I'm already up to ep 11 in two nights, its so addictive!

    LOL yea Project 365 is what i want to start doing, but i've been too busy to actually start it coz its needs alot of commitment.

    Thanks for following my blog, i'll be sure to check yours out!


  3. Eng Says:

    Are you serious? these guys aren't cute...hehe I think i'll stick with the taiwanese version!


  4. kimmysphere Says:

    LOL like i said, this picture doesnt do them any justice. When i saw the pic i thought the same thing, then started watching it and the main guy is like SO hot. He's got the cutest smile and when he gets angry he looks so farken adorable!!

    Have you see the taiwanese version of this show? They are FUGLY!!! lol


  5. kimmysphere Says:
    This comment has been removed by the author.

  6. cupcakes Says:

    I should start getting into these korean soap too. Care to share?hehe


  7. kimmysphere Says:

    LOL yea babes, always! If you want some, just come over with your hard drive and get it. haha be warned tho, they are addictive. Altho, i'm not too sure how into those type of dramas you really are. If its not your thing, you'll get bored watching them coz they go on for so long. But i grew up watching asian dramas so i love it and can sit for weeks just watching them!!